Monday, April 20, 2009

A fresh start (take 3!)

I have been reading lots of blogs as of late, hoping to be inspired. I want to be good at this. To be witty and write with eloquence. To have an exciting blog that my family and friends want to read (and can count on being updated!). But I really struggle with what to write about - I mean, who wants to read the crazy details about the Transformers reenacting and endless discussions about brotherly love? My vain attempts at organizing my home or even getting the laundry done? I don't have great moments of pondering in the shower, a beautiful new baby's firsts to share, deep inspiring reflections about the Lord, or a child in present need of a medical miracle like the blogs I follow. I just live an ordinary, toddler inspired, chaotic life in cozy NC.

I have come to realize, however, that I am thankful for my non-eventful stay-at-home life. Thankful for the diaper blow-outs and petty arguments that I deem "drama." Thankful that, though these many godly bloggers that I follow are wise beyond their years, I am able to learn many lessons through their lives and not my own painful experience. That, for this season, this day, the Lord has sheltered me from anything more dramatic.

So, for now, my posts will continue to be about the humdrum of life at the Ledford house. I believe I will shift my focus to actually posting, instead!

Here are some recent pics, from our daily craziness, to make your visit worthwhile...










1 comment:

Holly said...

well, let me be the first to say that I LOVE the Ledford humdrum. Even though we live so close, I still feel like we don't see each other enough! Plus, I'm sure you've got some grandparents who can't get enough of pics of the boys!

p.s. Do you bathe Hudson with the laundry? We should really try that...
;-)