Monday, September 26, 2011

Aa is for...

Here are a few things I've been able to capture from the beginning days of school.  The boys usually freeze when I snap pictures, but here's some of what we've been doing the pst few weeks...

 Studying the Letter Aa, so I tried to find some cool treats.  Here we have "Apples and astronaut ships" {Yeah , yeah that's not the technical name, but it works, right?!}


 Hudson is sporting his awesome homeschool shirt that my brother and SIL gave us for Christmas last year.  Aren't they awesome???


 Sweet T's math is coming from an awesome book called Developing Number Concepts by Kathy Richardson.  As a former math teacher, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her approach to primary math!!! Wish my algebra 1 kids had gone through her curriculum.  


 We are using Chicka Chicka Boom Boom as one part of our "Letter of Week" units this year. HudBug is putting up his very first letter of the year.


 Using his pom-pon magnets on the Letter A activity


 Prewriting skills using our awesome new Crayola Dry erase Activity Center 


 Sweet T working on some logic skills


 Bottlecap spelling 


 More logic skills


 Hud has a love/hate relationship with cutting.  This day was ok... We have been using the Kumon workbooks for cutting practice.


 My little Hud loves his Do-A-Dots!!!


 Numeral recognition and counting practice.
{These are magnetic numerals that we have acquired over time and they are sticking to a cookie sheet.}


 One-to-one correspondence activity from Kathy Richardson


 Practicing making the letter A with Wikki Stix


 Spelling his name with an alphabet puzzle


 Apple lacing card


 Reviewing AWANA verses 


 Picking out all the Aa's 
(with Do-A-Dot markers}


 We are using Window on the World for our geography/people group study this year.  We studied Afghanistan for the letter A.


A friendly {ahem, pretty friendly} game of Guess Who? to put all those logical reasoning and sight reading skills to good use!


I have gathered all of my Letter of the Week activities from these AH-mazing ladies who are generous enough to share all of their hard work with the rest of us:




Coming up next at Ledford Christian Academy:
Fall Fun Pack
Letter Bb

3 comments:

Miki said...

It looks like so much fun. I do miss those days!

Jason Ledford said...

My wife rocks!!

Tatia said...

So glad you are my friend...